Account Opening Procedure
At Geojit BNP Paribas, we endeavour to make your process of opening a new with us easy and hassle free. One of the main aspects of opening an account is filling out the Know Your Client (KYC) form as stipulated by SEBI.
In 2011, SEBI revised its rules regarding KYC and implemented a uniform Know Your Client (KYC) Requirement for the Securities Market. The same KYC form and supporting documents should be used by all SEBI registered Intermediaries.
If you have already completed your KYC with another intermediary, then you can become a Geojit BNP Paribas client in a few steps.
We will begin the account opening process by verifying your KRA status and downloading the details of the same.
If you are new to the Capital markets, then we will provide you with a KRA KCY form and you will be required to submit relevant identification documents.
Here are the steps to be followed to open an account:
1. Fill in and / or sign the documents in the Client Registration Kit which includes the KRA-KYC form (Not to be used if one's KYC is Registered Status in KRA)
2. Draw a cheque of Rs. 422.50 [Round off Rs. 423/-] [Trading Rs. 250/-+DP Advance AMC 150+15%-Ser.tax] In favour of ‘Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services Ltd’ towards account opening charges.
3. We will provide you with a Client Kit that contains a login password of trading site, Customer care & PIN for Call centre in a sealed envelope.
4. Your account will be activated only if all the documents / information are correct. An email will be sent to your registered email id (as mentioned in your account opening documents) with the welcome letter, your user ID (trade code) and Password.
You can login to the Geojit BNP Paribas system immediately on receipt of the user ID. On logging in for the first time you have to necessarily change your password for security reasons.
In case you need any assistance in filling up the form and understanding the documents, you may contact our marketing executive / branch official.
After you have submitted all the documents and the cheque, the same will be processed by our 'Client Registration Department' at the Head Office in Kochi, Kerala. If any document / information is missing, then we will contact you.
* These rates are not applicable for the customers of Geojit BNP Paribas Joint Ventures.