Product innovation backed by a high level of domain specific knowledge and state-of-the-art technology has helped Geojit BNP Paribas set many milestones including numerous industry firsts.
C. J. George became member of Cochin Stock Exchange
M/s C. J. George and Co. was set up at Ravipuram, Cochin
Company was renamed at M/s Geojit & Co.
- Becomes a Public Limited Company named Geojit Securities Ltd.
- Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (KSIDC) acquires 24 percent equity stake.
- Membership in National Stock Exchange (NSE).
- Public Issue.
- Depository Participant (DP) under National Securities Depository Limited.
- Launch of Portfolio Management Services with SEBI registration.
Membership in Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- BSE Listing.
- 1st broking firm in India to offer online trading facility.
- Commences Derivative Trading with NSE.
- Integrates the 1st Bank Payment Gateway in the country for Internet Trading.
- Becomes India's first DP to launch depository transactions through Internet.
- Establishes Joint Venture in the UAE to serve NRI customers.Geojit Securities signs MoU with Barjeel Shares and Bonds LLC of the Al Saud Group UAE. The venture named Barjeel Geojit Securities is headquartered in Dubai and has branches in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and Sharjah.
1st in India to launch an integrated internet trading system for Cash & Derivatives segments.
- Geojit Commodities Limited, wholly owned subsidiary, launched Online Futures Trading in
agri-commodities, precious metals and in energy futures on multiple commodity exchanges.
- National launch of online futures trading in Rubber, Pepper, Gold, Wheat and Rice.
- Company renamed as Geojit Financial Services Ltd.
National launch of online futures trading in Cardamom.
- NSE Listing.
- Geojit Technologies, a subsidiary of Geojit was established for developing state of the art technologies for the financial services field.
- Geojit Credits, a subsidiary, registers with RBI as a Non Banking Financial Company (NBFC).
- A women’s only branch was inaugurated in Cochin – the first of its kind in the field of financial services.
- National launch of online futures trading in Coffee.
- Charter member of the Financial Planning Standards Board of India.
- Geojit becomes the first Indian stock broking company to enter into Saudi Arabia and commence capital market operations by setting up Aloula Geojit Capital Co., a joint venture broking firm in Saudi Arabia with Al Johar Group. Headquartered in Riyadh, it has a branch in Dammam.
BNP Paribas takes a stake in the company’s equity, making it the single largest shareholder.
- Establishes BNP Paribas Securities India (P) Ltd. – a Joint Venture with BNP Paribas S.A. for Institutional Brokerage.
- 1st brokerage to offer full Direct Market Access execution in India for institutional clients.
- Launch of Property Services division.
- Launch of online trading in Currency Derivatives.
- Consequent to BNP Paribas becoming the largest stakeholder in Geojit BNP Paribas, company is renamed as Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services Ltd.
- Launch of FLIP(Financial Investment Platform), a new advanced online investment platform.
- Launch of state of the art Mobile Trading platform to empower clients to trade from anywhere, even while on the move through the innovative application FLIP- ME.
- Geojit BNP Paribas and JZ Associates LLC, Kuwait signed a JV deal with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait to form BBK Geojit Securities KSC. The agreement was signed by Abdulkarim Bucheery, CEO of BBK, Mr. C. J. George and Mr. Jassem Hassan Zainal of JZ Associates LLC
- Geojit BNP Paribas joined hands with Qurum Business Group and National Securities Company in Oman to form QBG Geojit Securities LLC, Oman. The deal was inked by Sheikh Abdulaziz bin Ahmed Al Hosni, Vice President and Chairman of Qurum Business Group and Mr. C. J. George
Qualified Foreign Investors (QFI) Investment services launched.
Launches India’s first application to trade through facebook.
Head Office at Kochi, Kerala received the prestigious Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) India ‘GOLD’ rating under New Buildings category. It is the first and the only building in Corporation of Cochin limits to be awarded this distinction.
A new advanced trading platform branded Selfie was launched.